Productivity, Durability and Comfort in Container Handling
The H450-500HD-EC empty container handler series with outstanding lift capacity provides superior performance for empty container handling operations. There are two models offering 18,500 lbs. and 20,000 lbs. of empty container handling capacity. These trucks would ideally be used in these and other similar applications: ports and terminals, stevedoring, and intermodal operations.Innovative Engine Technology
This series comes standard with a Tier 4 Final Cummins QSB 6.7L engine rated at 220hp (230hp peak) and a 5-speed ZF 5WG 211 powershift transmission. The H450-500HD-EC empty container handler series with Tier 4 Final engine features:
- Integrated drivetrain with emission reduction package that includes cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR).
- Selective catalytic reduction (SCR) system for nitrogen oxide (NOX) reduction
- Diesel oxidation catalyst (DOC) for particulate matter removal and a diesel exhaust fluid (DEF) delivery system.
Together these features may help increase efficiency by delivering up to 20% lower fuel consumption over Tier 3 products. Efficient design for low cost of operations
To maintain optimum cooling, the on-demand cooling system features a hydraulically driven cooling fan which only draws power when cooling is required. By utilizing on-demand cooling, accessory loads on the new powertrain are reduced, resulting in less fuel consumption.
The series also includes automatic throttle-up, an immediate response to lift inputs when the operator activates the joystick. This feature not only provides seamless joystick controlled rev-ups that keep the engine operating in the most efficient band while delivering good fuel economy, but also maximizes ergonomics and operator productivity. Engineered for Reliability & Dependability
Engineered for heavy duty empty container handling applications, the series comes standard with Hyster® model 586 spreaders featuring twistlock pockets in the standard ISO position. The spreader also features removable blocks and 24" of sideshift; 3 degrees of mechanical pile slope; 2 twistlocks to engage corner castings with 1 lifting eye in each of the two corners. Straightforward Serviceability
The top deck is designed with a large gull wing hood that swings out of the way for easy service access. Broad, slip-resistant running boards foster quick and convenient daily checks. Tier 4 Final Key Features on the H450-500HD-EC empty container handler truck:
- Cummins QSB 6.7L Tier 4 Final engine with SCR, DOC and DEF
- 5-speed ZF 5WG 211 powershift transmission
- Water-cooled variable geometry turbocharger (VGT) design combines the benefit of both a small and large turbocharger in a single unit, enabling Hyster® Tier 4 Final engines to achieve significantly improved response compared to Tier 3 engines.
- The on-demand engine cooling system is designed so that the cooling fan will provide only the level of engine cooling required. Because the fan will usually be running lower, noise levels are reduced and less fuel is consumed.
- Automatic throttle-up feature enables the truck to operate within its most efficient speed under varying load conditions.
- The Idle Management System is another exclusive feature designed to save fuel without compromising the job. If the engine is idling for a period without any demands from the operator, it will drop rpms and enter into "Hibernate Idle."
- ECO-mode selectable performance levels: ECO eLo mode provides good performance, and optimizes the engine for best fuel economy. Hi-P mode provides the highest productivity, and is still able to deliver excellent fuel economy.